Accountability is when you are willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from your choices, behaviors, and actions. You know what you want and how to get there, you just lose focus and drive. You’re not alone.
You set the goal
You make a plan
You take a deep breath
…and nothing happens
Why does this keep happening? Perhaps, you:
– allow the excuses to outweigh your desires
– lose motivation and excitement over time
– think giving up is easier than finding a way to plow through
Being committed to change and taking the necessary action doesn’tcome ease when starting something new. Whether you are up leveling your business, building better relationships, losing weight, or a career change, they all require goals with a vision, strategy, and most importantly accountability!
What would it look like if you had daily accountability by having to share your progress?
I know personally it is a game changer. Having someone track your results, offer daily inspiration, celebrate your wins, and keep you focused on your vision is the motivation that will allow you to stay committed and accomplish your goal!
Here are a few ways to get the accountability you need to leap into the next version with confidence and clarity in all area of your life.
– Stop trying to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Write out what you are doing to accomplish the goal and take inventory to see if it’s working or how you could adjust your action plan.
– When you get derailed, one of the biggest challenges with any goal, find your way back by saying up until now I would have failed, BUT today I press on.
– Make a committee with a friend or family member (or a coach) to have a daily check in. Share your intentions and desires each day with someone who can allow you see your progress and keep you focused on your vision.
The big “why” for being accountable for your actions is to create a habit of valuing your work, increase your skills, and grow your confidence.
Personal accountability will eliminate the time and effort you spend on distracting activities and other unproductive behavior, while keeping you jazzed and excited to keep working towards your goals.